Thursday, June 11, 2009

Soon I will be heading off to Prattville, Alabama. Yes, you have read correctly and I'm truly excited to go as well! I'm taking a mini vacation just for me and it's going to be all about soap! Yay for me. It's been a long while since I've been able to talk soap. Normally, I get this reaction when I talk soap to outsiders;eyes blankly glazing over and a couple of "oh's" or "really". I do understand that most everyone doesn't want to learn about something that isn't so interesting. I once hated sitting in Algebra class and thought it was a complete bore. "Please kill me now" was circling my brain like the Times Square ticker. I apologize to Mr.Smith, Mr.Howard and Ms. ?. I really apologize for not remembering her name. She was a nice teacher and 10th grade was a long time ago!
Now, back on topic. My trip will be full of "how to's" and other tutorials that will give some insight about running a business as well as trademarking. This is my first time going to this grup. Kelly Bloom from Southern Soaper's will be our keynote speaker. She is the owner of a supply company of the same name and owner of my Southern Soaper's group on yahoo. Most importantly, I will make some new friends that know something about soap! I'm so excited and nervous too. Hopefully, I can put names and faces to online names. Make sense?
I do recommend that if you have any hobbies or interests, go to yahoo for groups and type in what group you would like. I discovered my groups(all four of them)on yahoo. The yahoo group that I'm meeting up with is http://www.alabamasoapmeeting.com .These groups are full of very nice and knowledgeable folks that can help you hone your craft. I've been fortunate enough not to come across anyone who has been rude or inappropriate.There are some great listmom's that nip it quick! Good luck. Some good, clean fun are ahead for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment