Monday, April 19, 2010

What's been going on at Magnolia Soaps


Finally, I've gotten around to creating a fan page on Facebook for Magnolia Soaps.I'm hoping this will drive some traffic my way and get my products out there. I don't seem to be having a lot of traffic with my artfire stats either. I get hundreds of views but no orders.I don't know what to do about this upset. If any of you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm selling my products competitively but something is off somewhere. Maybe my shipping is running off potential customers? Or maybe it's the variety of products?I'm on a budget and can't advertise unless it's free or cheap. My friends and family are my main business.
I had a Lather Party (a soap party) back in October. I brought all my wares to a friends home and she served appetizers to her guests. The ladies all ate, shopped, and visited with one another. It was smooth sailing which was a blessing since I was so nervous. My products sold themselves by scent alone and not to mention one guest was a devoted customer already. After having that soap party, I realized I could get over my anxiety and that my products could sell themselves. I hope to do more home parties in the future.I do know I need to put myself out there and not worry about failing. Failing is always a possibility, but I can't succeed if I don't try in the first place.
The last few months have been quite busy. I made 30 types of soaps, 20 being fragrance blends and 10 being essential oil only bars. I made 6 different body balms in which some were fragrance or essential oil. I also made 3 new lip balms as well. Can I say I was cranking out some bath and body stuff! I was hoping to add body and linen sprays this Spring but may have to put it off until this Summer. These sprays will be made with fragrance oils and essential oils also.
Besides squeezing in some Lather Parties, I plan on doing some craft shows this year. I did a show recently this month and it was a bust.I was rained on for 2 hours! This was my second attempt at a craft show.I'm hoping the third time is a charm. The Blueberry Jubilee in Poplarville, MS will be on June 12th and I plan on giving it a try. This festival is a big tradition that is celebrated every second Saturday in June that's geared towards families with good southern charm and entertainment. This event is free to the public as well. Head out to the Jubilee for some blueberries locally grown that are loaded with powerful antioxidants. For more information go to http://www.blueberryjubilee.org

1 comment:

  1. I am from Poplarville and will be at the Jubilee on June 12th. I'll definitely look for your booth there!

    ReplyDelete