Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wooden Soap Molds


My dear husband made these very simple wooden "log" molds for me. They turned out great considering Louis doesn't have a workshop loaded with fine tools. He just has a simple Black and Decker work table that folds up for easy storage. He also has some clamps to help hold the wood straight and flat as the saw cuts. No fancy workshop but he gets the job done!
These molds will make a soap log about 18"x3.5"x3.5" at maximum fill. That's a lot of good soap! The molds hold about 64-72 oz of oils before adding lye solution. I plan on making some soap in my new molds tomorrow once the wood glue is dry. I just have to remember there are metal screws holding the wood together when I'm taking them out the oven. Yikes! Have ya ever touched a 170 degree screw? In my case, lots of expletives fill the air. LOL. Now off to make something.

1 comment:

  1. nice job on the molds. I have the same kind. I use painters plastic to line mine. You can find at a Sherwin Williams store or lowes.
    I got into another store here. It's called the silent mind, and just met with nursery/shoppe
    today.

    ReplyDelete