Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Got Some Soap Made!

After 3 months of setting this blog up, I can now say I have made soap. It has been since August '08! That wasn't worthy of pictures...just plain, white soap. I can't call it castile because it only was made with 80% olive oil, 10% palm and 10% coconut. Even now it's hard as a rock. I'll try making pure olive oil soap when I don't mind waiting so long. With that said, I have been using another technique to make soap...CPOP. Don't get me wrong but I do like the cold process, I'm not the most patient person. Cold process in the oven is my answer. I love it so far. I've made 9 batches that way and only 2 did what they wanted to despite my pleads. Those batches I can blame a fragrance on one and water discount on another. I also have been using oxides and ultra marines for the first time and love them so far. I have been doing swirls in the pot and simple layering with some swirls. I long to make those beautiful swirls that are on the tops that are like confectionery treats or fabulous cappuccino tops. YUM.

Now with much encouragement from one of my soap buddies, Patrick Showalter at http://harvestmoonsoapworks.com/, I will get on the ball and make some soap. Yes, I need to figure out how to get all my pics up...

No comments:

Post a Comment